Youel Murray Ltd have a long history of giving in different forms. This includes funding scholarship and enterprise opportunities for children and young people. The family have a strong preference for supporting individuals living in Moss Side, South Africa, Ghana and East Africa.
The team provide pro-bono for services for small charities and start-up enterprises, who are led by communities of interest, namely those affected by
- bereavement, particularly suicide
- discrimination, especially based on disability or ethnicity
- mental health, particularly eating disorders
- violence (namely murder or manslaughter)
We favour evidence-based approaches.
Support is often project-based and may cover:
- Business development and fundraising
- Data strategy and analysis
- Governance - set-up or strengthening support
- Knowledge management
- Prospect research
The team adopt the #payitforward principle. They don't expect advertising or favours in return from the charities and individuals they support, but suggest that they help out another charity or person in need, and only when they are in a healthy position to do so. This can be through sharing knowledge with others, or volunteering etc.
The nominated charity for long-term support is Ace Africa. For short-term and one-off support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.